Sunday 7 June 2009

New camera on a walk about

I got my new camera yesterday. Today I decided to go out to the wild, mainly to check out if my hide was allright after the stormy winds of the last few days. I also planned on taking some of the camo netting off, since I no longer needed the "extension" to my hide that I made for our little meet at the swamp some time ago. I gave my good friend Simo a call, and even though my call came on a short notice, he was all set to go out and see what we could find at the swamp.

Our walk about started off on a good note, as soon as we got out of the car we spotted a black woodpecker at the other side of the clearing. I managed to get a couple of quick snapshots, from a rather long distance away, though:
At the swamp a couple of wood sandpipers were flying about as we walked towards the hide. Judging by their behaviour, they had offspring somewhere close by. We took a few quick pictures and headed off, not wanting to disturb them any more than it was necessary to get past the area.
The hide had remained in place, and on the way back we saw the osprey returning to it's nest from its own trip.
For a quick walk about and a sort of "getting acquainted with my new camera" -trip, this was a pretty good outing. Now I need to take a nap before heading off to night shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment