Sunday 6 March 2011

Without my camera, again.

Today was one of those days that I really wish I'd had my camera with me at work. It would have been nice to have been able to take a couple of pics, but could not be helped. I really have enough gear to carry around as it is, without adding hobby related stuff to the pile. I think it's better to keep work and hobbies separate anyways.

The reason I missed having the camera with me, was that we saved an Eagle Owl (bubo bubo) today. The tough winter must have caused the bird to be so exhausted and hungry that it had ended up at the backyard of a house and was took weak to fly off. After a short run, I caught the bird in a net and then we transferred the owl into a cardboard box. Then we put the box in the back of the car and drove it to a birdhouse that takes care of injured wild birds and releases them into the wild when they are well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment